Saturday, September 16, 2017

Letters to a Black Hole...

Light floods in meekly through the windows,
Careful of my mind, careful of the lies,
I whisper to get through the day.

Through the corner of my eyes,
I watch you writhe,
Comforting, like warm rain,
your waves,
of violent passion and calm loneliness.

You’re the only one who
ever echoed my empty
with such precision.
And yet when I look at you
You feel like the hand I’d hold
As I wade through hours of cold water
Finding my way through a
Blank slate of paradise.

Eyes stare, wondering if you are 
the twisted paradise I'm entitled to?
As I shape shift between
the self-loathing saint and happy degenerate.

So tell me,who am I,
Who am I to you darling?
Cause your smile, broken in its corners
Only leaves me a foolish mother.

Walk by quiet houses on the street,
Wondering when they blew the candles out,
Or if light existed at all.
I feel like I’ve been searching all my life
For a door that would make me want to go in.

You catch my eye, with a knowing smile.
And in your gaze, I know, I found a home.
All I want to do
is go through the door of your unblinking stare
All you do is smile,
as I fumble in the dark for a key
you never gave me.


No comments: